1. Catch up on The Americans, quietly one of the best shows on TV right now. (The first season is streaming for free for Amazon Prime members.)
2. Take whatever chocolate chip cookie recipe you've been using, set it on fire, and then make these cookies instead.
3. Listen to this Fresh Air interview with novelist Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and then read her marvelous book "Americanah."
4. Read Anna Holmes on Harriet the Spy, Scout Finch, and How to Be a Good Bad American Girl.
5. Listen to Leonard Bernstein conducting Beethoven's 9th all the way through, because you can.